Conflicting Interest and Conflicting Expectations: Challenges Presented by NIH's New Ruleprovided an overview of the challenges faced by institutions when dealing with financial conflicts of interest, especially in light of the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) rule.
Presented by two of the most respected speakers in the conflicts field, this webinar provided an array of concrete tools to assist those who are charged with developing strategies to manage the transitions required based on the NIH rule. More specifically, attendees:
- Broadened their knowledge of the laws, ethics, and recommended policies for identifying and managing conflicts of interest
- Got a preview of the NIH rule
- Learned about the procedures that will likely be necessary to comply with the new rule
- Learned strategies for educating institutional leadership and faculty about effective educational approaches
- Compared the roles and responsibilities of institutional review boards and institutional conflicts committees in identifying, responding to, and/or managing conflicts
October 06, 2010